SICAM I/O-Unit with 6 Binary In-/Outputs
SICAM I/O-Unit 7XV5673 is a binary input/output device and is designed for substations and increased industrial environment requirements. The SICAM I/O-Unit allows the transmission of binary inputs to binary outputs locally or via long distances. It can be used for protection applications, e.g. overcurrent protection, signal comparison, teleprotection or as I/O-expansion in substation automation systems.
Via binary inputs, all kinds of binary signals of switchgear/ protection scheme (for example tripping commands, switch position signal, fault and status indications) are securely detected. This information can directly be distributed at this SICAM I/O-Unit via contacts, or be transmitted via communication links to further SICAM I/O-Units or to automation systems.
Secured telegrams are used for the communication via Ethernet or serial connections. The parameter setting of the SICAM I/OUnit is simply carried out with a standard Web browser at the PC which is connected by the Ethernet interface.
The SICAM I/O-Unit can be set as:
6I/O mirror: Point-to-point transfer of binary signals between two SICAM I/O-Units via Ethernet or a serial connection. Signal inputs and outputs assignable by the user.
I/O expansion: – Expansion of substation controllers by binary inputs and outputs using standard protocols. – Detection and output of binary states by substation controllers via standard protocols Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP or IEC 61850. – Extension for protection devices of the compact class 7SJ80 and 7SK80 via connection on their low-cost Ethernet interface (LEM).
– 6 ruggedized EMC – hardened binary inputs
– Pickup voltage threshold settable to DC 19 V, DC 88 V or DC 176 V for different station battery voltages
– 6 command relay outputs
– Safe state of contacts after loss of connection settable by the user
– 4 LED
Wide-range power supply
– 24 – DC 250 V ± 20 % and AC 100 – 230 V 45 – 65 Hz
Electrical RJ45 Ethernet interface
– Cascading many devices without additional costs by the use of the integrated switch
Serial fiber-optic interface (optional)
– ST-connector, 820 nm for multi-mode fi ber 62.5 /125 μm, typical range 2000 m using fi ber 62.5 μm /125 μm,
baud rate 1.2 kBit/s – 187.5 kBit/s settable per software
Serial RS485-interface (optional)
– Sub-D plug, 9-pole female
– MODBUS TCP or MODBUS RTU for connection to a substation controller
– MODBUS UDP for point-to-point connections between two SICAM I/O-Units
– SNTP for time synchronization
– IEC 61850 (GOOSE, MMS, Reporting)
– IP20 rail mounting
– CE, UL, IEC 60255, IEEE 61000 .
– EMC hardened binary I/O for substation environment
– Extended high temperature range up to 85 °C (16 h/day).
I/O mirror function When using the SICAM I/O-Units as I/O mirror, the devices transmits the binary signals bi-directional. The transmission takes place between the two devices over serial links (option) or over Ethernet networks. Via the relay output contacts voltages up to AC/DC 250 V and currents up to AC/DC 5 A can be switched. The pick threshold of the binary inputs can be set by the user on different levels. Signal inputs and outputs can be assigned by the user. Extension of the transmission distance. An extension of the transmission distance is possible.
The following devices can be used:
With serial optical repeater 7XV5461 scalable up to 170 km
RS485-FO Converter 7XV5650 for cascading devices
With different communication converters.
Related Products, Systems & Solutions